Monday, November 12, 2007

Ubuntu

I've decided to conduct a little experiment. I'm a big fan of Open Source applications, and wanted to see if I could furnish a computer with nothing but free/OS software. And if I was going to do it right, I figured I should just ditch Windows all together (since, of course, any Windows operating system costs an ass load). I have an old laptop that had been running Windows XP; I found an Open Source program that completely erased the hard drive and I installed Ubuntu.

Ubuntu is a completely free operating system that is supposed to rival any Windows system. It can be a bit more cumbersome, especially when trying to install programs. But it looks neat, and is supposed to be much more reliable than Windows. We'll see... I'm on it right now, and all is spiffy.

1 comment:

Jeremiah said...

Hey man...

Things are good. I'm teaching special ed right now, but am switching back over to English next year. Sounds like I'll be teaching 11 or 12 and creative writing...

not too shabby...

I'll send more later...